Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Needle Tatting: More hearts

Motifs #7 and #8 of the 25 Motif Challenge
Well we were on the road this weekend so I brought along my needle tatting supplies and finished these 2 hearts (pattern from Birgit Phelps). The top one is ecru size 10 crochet cotton using a size 5 needle with a clear Swarovski crystal at the tip. The bottom one is red size 8 Perle cotton using a size 7 needle. I had trouble with the red one so it turned out kind of messed up but it's good enough for a crazy quilt, besides I had forgotten to add the Swarovski crystal before I started tatting. What was giving me trouble was that the thread that was threaded through the needle was getting worn and giving me the hardest time pulling the stitches off the needle so I moved it a little and sure enough it went easier!
I also added the ecru tatted pendant for sale on my Etsy Shop.
I have permission from Birgit to use her pattern to create pendants for sale on Etsy.

No comments: