Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Windsong Jewels DYB RR: My work on Leslie's block

Here's my work so far on Leslie's block. I'm having a difficult time on it because I'm a frills and fancy kinda girl and Leslie asked for no frills but she likes flowers and nature she also requested to stay in the same shades on the block. The color request is easy for me since I tend to stay in same shades anyway but the no frills is kinda hard. It's a very natural block, like a woodland walk, now I like woodland walks but I usually embroider the cottage garden type style. I love how I did the vines in the corner I couched on specialty threads that come coordinated together and then added flower and leaf beads to it. I need to do some seam treatments but I don't have very many under my belt so I have no ideas yet but I will need to do some since this block is calling for seam treatments.

No comments: