Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dreams of Spring RR: Simona's Block

I've gotten Simona's Dreams of Spring Block in the mail! Isn't it beautiful?!?! I love the work that was done by the other 2 ladies so lovely and dainty and blended together well. I wanted to challenge myself to blend my work with theirs too...and after hours and hours of non-stop stitching...I've finished my part! And boy am I tired! I know I shouldn't do that but I just couldn't stop, block was speaking to me!!! How could I resist? LOL
Here it is after my work has been added! I put some grass under the lovely arch, and I really tried hard to keep with the feel of the block and use thread and SRE mostly with just a touch of beaded sparkle.
On this spot those 3 seams screamed bouquet so I added fly stitch vines to them as a foundation, then added sweetheart roses and knot flowers and some ribbon stitch vines, then I added some feather stitch with light blue knots to echo the middle motif.
Above the bouquet I added lazy daisy flowers along the seam with size 15 seed beads and then added a zig-zag chain stitch to echo the other seam treatment using that stitch and then added more lazy daisy flowers with beads to the top.
On this seam I added a foundation of open cretan stitch and added lazy daisies to the sides of the prongs and then a french knot flower with a bead for the center. After that I added some blue straight stitch to the seam for the final touch.
Now the block is ready to be sent to the last lady in the RR to work on!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Isn't it amazing how embellishment changes the look of the block? You and the other ladies have done a wonderful job!

Simona said...

Melissa, looking around I could see your beaty on my block!
You done a super job on it I like it very much, thank you!

Wendy said...

Wow!!! Is all I can say!!! I shouldn't be surprised, you always do such marvelous work. It is definitely fabulous, beautiful, blended and she is going to so LOOOOOOVE it!!!!
Wendy