Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yeay Spring!!!

Happy 1st Day of Spring!!!
I have to say that Spring has to be my favorite season! Especially living in the mild climate of the desert! The weather just seems so perfect, and the garden is coming into bloom and puts on a awesome show! It's so exciting to see the first blooms open! I've even got some spring roses to share for the first day of spring! Out here our roses bloom best in the warm spring and the cooler fall weather, but they seem to take a little rest during the hot summer...sure they bloom during summer but they don't show off as much as they do in spring and fall.
Lately I've just been enjoying sitting out in my garden and praising God for the gifts of flowers, since after all we only tend everything but He is the one who causes everything to grow!
"Everything on earth, shout with joy to God!" Psalm 66:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am jealous of your roses. Let me tell you about mine. They are all still under about 4 feet of snow!!! Enough said!! Debbie (Maine) --rquirion@roadrunner.com

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love roses! Thank you for sharing your pictures, I hope mine survived the winter. I guess I'll find out in a couple of months!