Thursday, February 01, 2007

Brooches and Needlework Store

Yesterday Gerard surprised me and took me to a needlework store called 'In Stitches' to check out what embroidery supplies I could find! It's mostly yarns but there was a small section that had embroidery supplies. I bought these threads and some petite seed beads and bugle beads.
The lady who is the owner of the store saw my button cover brooches that I was wearing. I was wearing this one threaded on a ribbon necklace and this one as a brooch on my purse. Anyway she asked how I made them and I told her and she told me that if I'd make some and bring them in that she was sure they would sell since the ladies that come in are always looking for unique pins to put on their knitted purses! So these two 2 inch brooches are to take in to the store.
I have no idea what to price them though and was hoping for some help from you all. How much do you think they are worth? They are made with silk fabric and have silk ribbon embroidery and even some bead embroidery. Each took me about 2-3 hours to complete and the designs are completely my own creation.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I would start with the cost of materials you used plus a set amount per hour of work, and see what it comes to.
If they become popular, and many want them, you don't want to be losing money to make them.