Sunday, February 11, 2007

Windsong Jewels: My work on Cher's Block

I fiddled with the dyed motifs by adding more green to the leaf and making the flower lace a warmer shade. I love the pearls added to the floral lace It makes me think of the buttons on a Victorian dress. I also picked out some ribbons to use and ironed them. I'm going to do 2 more folded roses with the 13mm ribbon and then some colonial knot roses with the 7mm Ecru ribbon. I like the nice light sage 4mm and will probably do some lazy daisy leaves with it. I was also thinking of spreading some rose petals on the block by using the 13mm or 7mm ribbon and doing the ribbon stitch. The block just makes me think of a Victorian lady's vanity table, or the contents of her keepsake box where she has bits of lace, flowers, love letters, and such.
It makes me think of my favorite movie Pride & Prejudice. I never get tired of watching that one! It is so well done and I'm always noticing something new like their jewelery, dresses, embroidery, gardens, and china. Not to mention that I think it's a very well done book into movie, if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

No comments: