Thursday, February 01, 2007

Heart Brooch

This is a brooch made from the tiny crazy quilt hearts that Gerard has been sewing up. I embellished it, and I really love how it turned out. It is made by turning under and ironing the edges under and then gluing felt to the back and a pin backing to the felt.
This one is also going to go to the needlework store to sell as well. I need to have a price for this as well. I think it is going to cost a little more because more work and embellishment goes into them. The heart shape is harder to do than just a simple round button cover.

3 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Your work is beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
~Blessings

jadedvintage said...

Sheesh, how small is that thing! Somebody get a ruler! I love it, and I love the brooches that you made for the store, those are so awesome. I love the tawny brown color and such... good stuff!

Threadhead said...

Melissa, I love this little brooch. What a wonderful idea. I hope you don't mind if I put that on my list of 'one of these days I want to make one of those' LOL
Linda Chase
chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net