Monday, January 15, 2007

Embroidered Chihuahua T-Shirt

Here is another project I'm starting. My hubby and I saw these Chihuahua patterns here and just knew that his Mom would love them! So we bought a set and got a large blank T-shirt at JoAnn's. Since the shirt is black I couldn't iron-on the iron-on patterns so I'm trying out the Golden Threads Quilting Paper instead of tracing paper. Hopefully it will tear away easier. I basted the paper with the traced pattern on it and picked out the floss colors I'm going to use.
I'm thinking of doing the "Chihuahua" in green the swirls in white and the hearts and yip yip in red and the dogs in tan and brown with the girl having white pearls (filled in with french knots) and the boy having a green and red shirt.
What do you think about the color scheme? I'm mostly concerned about the top area and I was thinking of red, green, and white because they are "Mexican" colors. I'm worried that it will be too solid and chunky though, or not interesting enough.

2 comments:

Lil said...

I've always loved chihuahas and they were trusted pets as a child. =)

Maddie Can Fly said...

I'll be watching your blog as I'm interested to hear how the Golden Threads paper tears away. Please let us all know.