Monday, January 15, 2007

Onesie's for Baby J

Here are a couple of onesie's I embroidered for my nephew Baby J. I've been working on them for a few weeks off and on. I used some iron on transfers from Sublime Stitching and arranged them to my likes. I used an iron on alphabet in the book to create words too. I also embellished the designs further by adding things like seed stitching, french knots, straight stitches, and a twinkle star on the moon. I have some more onesie's to stitch up as well! I hope they are well loved and get all stained up and used to death! I made these to be used. I even added some iron on interfacing on the back over the stitching to make sure they won't be scratchy next to his skin. I don't have much "baby" experience so I have no idea what would be too scratchy so I figured I'd better be safe than sorry.
If you'd like to meet Baby J Click Here to go see his blog. He is my very first nephew! So I am now a first time Auntie! Yeay! He is due to be born anytime now and my guess is for 28 Jan. 2007!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

Melissa,
This is such a great idea, putting pics of the baby before he is born. Technology is so great. If they keep it going all through his years of growing what an awesome blog it will be. Love your embroidery work!