Saturday, January 06, 2007

Windsong Jewels: My work on Clairee's Block


First I made a large sized feather stitch vine (1 strand silk floss) and then I started adding 3 ribbon stitch leaves to each "stem" (4mm silk ribbon).


Then I added a 5 petaled flower with ribbon stitches (4mm silk ribbon). To me these flowers look like Clematis vines.

Here is a branch for Wisteria to hang from I created it with a dark brown DMC floss starting with 4 strands and the split stitch then I moved to 2 strands split stitch to the stem stitch to 1 strand stem stitch.
I then added a few shades of 4mm silk ribbon in purples in colonial knots, french knots (with different amouts of wraps from 4 down to 1), and I added seed beads in different shades and sizes.

I also added some gold seed beads to the center of the clematis flowers.

Click on any of the photos to see them closer.

3 comments:

coral-seas said...

This is already looking lovely, Melisa. I love your SRE. Can't wait to see what else you do with it.

CA

G.L.H. said...

So lovely! Thank you for sharing.

Susan said...

Beautiful work on Clairee's block. You were a natural for SRE!