Saturday, January 06, 2007

Windsong Jewels: My work on Clairee's Block

First I made a large sized feather stitch vine (1 strand silk floss) and then I started adding 3 ribbon stitch leaves to each "stem" (4mm silk ribbon).

Then I added a 5 petaled flower with ribbon stitches (4mm silk ribbon). To me these flowers look like Clematis vines.

Here is a branch for Wisteria to hang from I created it with a dark brown DMC floss starting with 4 strands and the split stitch then I moved to 2 strands split stitch to the stem stitch to 1 strand stem stitch.
I then added a few shades of 4mm silk ribbon in purples in colonial knots, french knots (with different amouts of wraps from 4 down to 1), and I added seed beads in different shades and sizes.

I also added some gold seed beads to the center of the clematis flowers.

Click on any of the photos to see them closer.


coral-seas said...

This is already looking lovely, Melisa. I love your SRE. Can't wait to see what else you do with it.


G.L.H. said...

So lovely! Thank you for sharing.

Susan said...

Beautiful work on Clairee's block. You were a natural for SRE!