Well I've been wanting to embroider a motif on this jacket ever since I did that motif on Lillian's block. I realized that I haven't done any embroidery for myself in a very long time. So I decided I may as well just do it.
I got this jacket at the PX last summer on sale for 75% off...I can't remember how much it was anymore but it was a major good deal that I couldn't believe especially when it fit me! The lapels (and pockets) are just begging for Silk Ribbon Embroidery.
So to start off I put the jacket on stood in front of the mirror and took my air-erasable pen and marked where I'd like the roses to be. Then I had ribbon and floss tryouts and these are what I picked...nice spring colors.
Then I took my coordinating DMC floss for my ribbon for the roses and made the spokes for the spiderweb roses with 1 strand.
I decided to put a lighter color ribbon in the center of the roses and a darker shade around that in 3 different colors of pinks.
Next I'll be adding some clear Swarovski Crystal beads to the center of each rose.
...to be continued...