Thursday, January 04, 2007

Embroidering my Jacket Part 1

Well I've been wanting to embroider a motif on this jacket ever since I did that motif on Lillian's block. I realized that I haven't done any embroidery for myself in a very long time. So I decided I may as well just do it.
I got this jacket at the PX last summer on sale for 75% off...I can't remember how much it was anymore but it was a major good deal that I couldn't believe especially when it fit me! The lapels (and pockets) are just begging for Silk Ribbon Embroidery.

So to start off I put the jacket on stood in front of the mirror and took my air-erasable pen and marked where I'd like the roses to be. Then I had ribbon and floss tryouts and these are what I picked...nice spring colors.

Then I took my coordinating DMC floss for my ribbon for the roses and made the spokes for the spiderweb roses with 1 strand.

I decided to put a lighter color ribbon in the center of the roses and a darker shade around that in 3 different colors of pinks.

Next I'll be adding some clear Swarovski Crystal beads to the center of each rose.

...to be continued...

4 comments:

piney cq said...

Good heavens,girl friend!!! Don't you EVER sleep!!! G!!! It will be gorgeous when you're done!! You're a whiz with SRE!!! Good for you!!!

Melissa said...

LOL Well it's only 3 spiderweb roses! I didn't feel like doing any more today so I gave it a break. It really doesn't take that long.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Good going - it really doesn't take YOU that long!

Melissa said...

LOL! Well I think 6 spiderweb roses for 1 whole day isn't very long! LOL I didn't do any other stitching today, and it was only about 1 or 2 maybe 3 hours for the roses.
Besides you both stitch a lot too! And Charlene you whip out those cute tatting motifs!
But I do love, love, love SRE!