Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Embroidery

Over at the Hand Embroidery Yahoo Group Gerard was voted in as an honorary member by proxy. So Gerard decided he better learn a little embroidery! LOL I told him I had to take a picture or no one would believe me! LOL He had an idea using this pattern and I love it! I'll show you what his idea is later. So he wanted to learn a knot that would do for the little dots and since he picked out a size 5 Perle cotton I showed him the one wrap french knot. These are his very first ones ever! Aren't they really, really good?! I also showed him the back stitch and I tell you his back stitching is so neat and even! I showed him how to do the Quilter's Knot for the end of his thread and how to end off when he's done with a section. I am so impressed! And wait till you see what his idea is! Can you guess from the look of the fabric?
Click Here for the heart design he used.

6 comments:

NormaH said...

Way to go Gerar!!!! Looking good.

jadedvintage said...

Very awesome Gerard!! Hey Melissa... now he'll have something to do on his 24 hour shifts!! lol.

Candi said...

He's definitely a "Keeper" Melissa:-) You go Gerard!
HUGZ:)
Candi

Thelma said...

Awesome!! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see it finished.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

All right, Gerard. I knew you'd make an excellent member. Great stitching - we'll be watching!

piney cq said...

Ahhhhhh...look at him goooo!!! What a wonderful smile!!! You are sooo lucky to have a hubby to share your love of needlework with! Looks like he's doing a super fuper job!