Wednesday, October 04, 2006

CQ Heart

Well this morning I was feeling inspired and I had the sewing machine out to sew up Lillian's heart, so I sewed up another CQ heart! The pink and purple fabrics are from Lillian too! I'm a beginner at CQ so I didn't even think of adding edgings in with the seams, but I think I would have passed for now anyway because I'm not a very experienced seamstress and I'm very new to piecing together...I consider the fact that I didn't get any puckering this time a great advancement!!! I even ironed open the seams in the back and pressed it when I finished!
I know that there are know rules in CQ, hence the Crazy with the Quilting, but I went ahead and finished the edges before embellishing when normally you wait to finish it until after you embellish. I just think in my brain it's easier than having to finish around embellishments. The only problem with this is if I want to add lace edging across a seam I'd have to wrap it around and then it looks chunky!
I have no idea of how I'm going to embellish! I don't have a plan for this heart, other than I think I'm going to use it for a swap. Wow! A blank slate! I could do ANYTHING! LOL Somehow that always makes it harder to make decisions! LOL
Click Here to see my progress!

2 comments:

May Britt said...

I felt the same way when I started making hearts. But I soon realised I just had to start sewing one place with stitches. There are no rules for how you are making the embellishment. When you start one place the other follows easy. Look at http://www.inaminuteago.com/blog/
I got very inspired of 100 stitches in 100 days.

Anonymous said...

I love this heart! I often forget to add the trims to the seams when piecing. I like to add them after sometimes. You can cut Venise lace trim apart and add it without wrapping it around the back too. :-)You are in the CQ fast lane and doing great!