Friday, October 06, 2006

First CQ seam treatment

Today I stitched this seam treatment from JBM's book Floral Stitches. I also added some green seed beads to it as well. It's the chain stitch with french knots. The color is hard to see but it picks up the pink from the lightest piece and brings it over. I'm wanting to stitch a tiny hummingbird but I have no idea how I'd go about doing that! I'm thinking of using 1 red sequin for it's throat, that's how small I want it. But I think I'd need to doodle how I'd want to do it and play on a scrap before attempting to stitch it on the heart. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Click Here to see my progress.

3 comments:

May Britt said...

Maybe you can use this pattern to stitch a hummingbird.

http://www.birdcrossstitch.com/CrossStitch/birds/hummer558.html

I think this one is really cute.
You are doing a great work on your heart.

Perhaps you would like to join the new webring susan has made. Look at my blog to see it.

Melissa said...

Thanks May,
That image gives me an idea!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Your seam is lovely and the colors are yummy! The Deanna Hall West book An Encyclopedia of Ribbon Embroidery Birds, Butterflies and Blossoms has six patterns for hummingbirds if you can get you hands on a copy reasonably. Ribbonsmyth.com has hummingbird charms, or at least they did the last time I checked. :-)