Monday, October 30, 2006
I've been frozen all week, unable to work on my blocks I made for my Encrusted CQ online class. Today I just wanted to do something, but I didn't know what so I figured this seam looked like a good one. I did the blanket stitch along the edge alternating longer and shorter arms. Then on the opposite side I made a straight stitch down the row, then going back up made slanted straight stitches on both sides of that. Then I went though again and added pistol stitches in a fine thread in between the straight stitches. I'm still not finished with this seam though. I want to add beads of some sort and maybe some lazy daisies on the blanket stitch side too, or maybe I'll just add beads in flower form on the short and a crystal on the tall. Not sure what I'm going to do though. I have no clue as to what else I'll do anywhere else either! None of the stitches are very even either, but I figure I'm not a machine, and I don't have any templates. You can click on the photos to see closer.